• 06/25/2019
  • 03:47 PM
League Online News

Mindanao

Image

CDO EXEC WANTS CCTVS INSTALLED IN VIDEOKE, MOVIE HOUSE JOINTS

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY —The Regulatory and Complaint Board (RCB) of this city government will lobby for the passage of an[...]

View full story

NFA DAVAO TO RECEIVE 300,000 BAGS OF RICE

September 28, 2018 - 6:30 PM

DAVAO CITY, September 28 –About 300,000 bags of National Food Authority rice from Vietnam and Thailand is expected to arrive this 3rd week of October. Leonila Selpa, Davao City NFA provincial manager, said on Thursday during a media forum at the City Hall that the NFA rice shipment is allotted for Davao Region which will […]

Read More

GATCHALIAN URGES DEPED TO PRIORITIZE OMPONG SCHOOL REPAIRS

September 27, 2018 - 6:05 PM

Senator Win Gatchalian is urging the Department of Education (DepEd) to prioritize the repair of schools damaged by Typhoon Ompong (international name Mangkhut) and maximize the utilization of its Basic Education Facilities Fund (BEFF) for the repair and rehabilitation of school buildings. Gatchalian issued the call after the DepEd revealed that some 7,007 schools in […]

Read More

SAP GO: IMPROVING HEALTHCARE, TOP PRIORITY OF GOV’T

September 24, 2018 - 5:13 PM

DUMAGUETE CITY — Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go on Saturday said improving the healthcare system in the country remains a top priority of the Duterte administration.   “Priority natin sila. Itong Malasakit Center ay para sa mga nangangailangan ng gamot. Pera ito ng gobyerno na amin lamang ibinabalik sa inyo (They are […]

Read More

ROQUE: MAYOR SARA ‘VERY QUALIFIED’ TO RUN FOR SENATOR

September 24, 2018 - 5:16 PM

MANILA — Davao City Mayor Sara Z. Duterte is “very qualified” to run for senator in the upcoming 2019 mid-term elections, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Monday, after a nationwide senatorial survey showed her making it into the top 10 possible candidates.   “She’s very qualified, of course,” Roque said in a Palace briefing reacting to […]

Read More

NORMIN RALLIES FOR FEDERALISM IN DILG ROADSHOW

September 24, 2018 - 4:41 PM

Local executives and basic sector groups from Northern Mindanao rallied on Thursday behind the President’s call to amend the 1987 Constitution. Amid the noise caused by opposition regarding federalism, the people of Northern Mindanao and regional officials heeded President Rodrigo Duterte’s call for a federal shift in the country. “This (federalism) will set the tone […]

Read More

GOV’T AUCTIONS 100,000 MT RICE IMPORTS FOR ZAMBASULTA

September 21, 2018 - 4:29 PM

The government has awarded to 21 suppliers the importation of 100,000 metric tons (MT) of rice for the Zamboanga, Basilan, Sulu, and Tawi-Tawi (ZamBaSulTa) area after a successful auction conducted by Landbank and the National Food Authority Council on September 20 at the Landbank head office in Malate, Manila. The auction is under the Minimum […]

Read More

COMELEC TO RECYCLE UNUSED FORMS FOR MARAWI BSKE 2018 POLLS

September 20, 2018 - 7:22 PM

In a bid to save public funds and government resources, the Commission on Elections has resolved to recycle unused forms from previous elections for purposes of the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur on September 22, 2018. Pursuant to Minute Resolution No. 18-0693 dated August 22, 2018, non-accountable elections […]

Read More

SARA DENIES HAND IN BID TO DROP CASE AGAINST HER

September 20, 2018 - 7:01 PM

Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio denied on Wednesday any hand in a move to withdraw a disbarment case against her that was filed back in 2011 for punching a court sheriff during a scheduled demolition of informal settlers’ houses . “So the public may know, I have never asked any complainant or witness to withdraw […]

Read More

PULONG DUTERTE FILES ANOTHER LIBEL CASE VS TRILLANES

September 20, 2018 - 7:00 PM

Former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo “Pulong” Z. Duterte has filed on Wednesday afternoon another libel case against Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV this month over ‘defamatory statements’ made in two media interviews in June this year. The case was filed before the City Prosecutors Office by Duterte’s lawyer, Atty. Rainier Madrid. The complaint was based […]

Read More

COMPREHENSIVE ZONING ORDINANCE, APPROVED BY DAVAO COUNCIL

September 20, 2018 - 6:58 PM

The 18th Davao City Council on Tuesday, September 18, approved on second reading the proposed amendments of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance that only 25 percent is allowed for development while the remaining 75 percent is subject to ecological subzone. Chinkee Golle, executive director of Interface Development Interventions Inc. (IDIS), said yesterday that it is a […]

Read More

SC NAMES DAVAO CITY JUDGE DEPUTY COURT ADMINISTRATOR

September 20, 2018 - 4:10 PM

The Supreme Court of the Philippines has appointed a seasoned judge in Davao City as new deputy court administrator (DCA) for Mindanao. He is Leo Tolentino Madrazo who is now undergoing an immersion program at the Supreme Court Office of the Court Administrator in Padre Faura Manila where a satellite office of the DCA for […]

Read More

DAVAO TRANSPORT TERMINAL APPROVED ON FINAL READING

September 20, 2018 - 3:50 PM

To decongest the Davao City Overland Transport Terminal, the 18th Davao City Council approved on its third and final reading on Tuesday an ordinance that would allow qualified transport operators to load and unload outside DCOTT. During the City Council regular session, the councilors approved the recommendation of City Councilor Conrado Baluran, chairperson of the […]

Read More

FAST-TRACKING OF IRR OF LAW ON DOING BUSINESS SOUGHT

September 20, 2018 - 3:56 PM

FAST-TRACKING OF IRR OF LAW ON DOING BUSINESS SOUGHT Business leaders of Mindanao meeting in Tagum City, Davao del Norte over the weekend have urged government officials to fast-track the crafting of the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) of the Ease of Doing Business Act of 2018. Virgilio F. Agunod, Jr., president of the hosting […]

Read More

COMPREHENSIVE ZONING ORDINANCE, APPROVED BY DAVAO COUNCIL

September 20, 2018 - 3:21 PM

The 18th Davao City Council on Tuesday, September 18, approved on second reading the proposed amendments of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance that only 25 percent is allowed for development while the remaining 75 percent is subject to ecological subzone. Chinkee Golle, executive director of Interface Development Interventions Inc. (IDIS), said yesterday that it is a […]

Read More

PULONG DUTERTE FILES ANOTHER LIBEL CASE VS TRILLANES

September 20, 2018 - 3:29 PM

Former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo “Pulong” Z. Duterte has filed on Wednesday afternoon another libel case against Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV this month over ‘defamatory statements’ made in two media interviews in June this year. The case was filed before the City Prosecutors Office by Duterte’s lawyer, Atty. Rainier Madrid. The complaint was based […]

Read More

SARA DENIES HAND IN BID TO DROP CASE AGAINST HER

September 20, 2018 - 3:38 PM

SARA DENIES HAND IN BID TO DROP CASE AGAINST HER Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio denied on Wednesday any hand in a move to withdraw a disbarment case against her that was filed back in 2011 for punching a court sheriff during a scheduled demolition of informal settlers’ houses . “So the public may know, […]

Read More

1 56 57 58 59 60