DOH REPORTS 2018’S FIRST FIREWORKS-RELATED INJURY
MANILA -- The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday reported this year’s first fireworks-related case involving a 12-year-old boy in Nueva Ecija, who lost his left hand’s middle finger due to a “five-star” firecracker blast.
The boy, who played with the banned firecracker at home, was treated at the J. Garcia Memorial Research and Medical Center in Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija. He was given tetanus toxoid and anti-tetanus serum, the DOH report added.
The incident was recorded through the DOH's Online National Electronic Injury Surveillance System but the department had to contact the hospital for details due to a technical glitch that prevented the online viewing of the case.
The DOH began its fireworks-related injuries surveillance on Friday.
Under Executive Order 28, the use of firecrackers shall be confined to community fireworks display to minimize the risk of injuries and casualties. (PNA)
Photo from CDN/Inquirer