DOH: TOTAL SUSPECTED MEASLES CASES 861 IN THE PHILIPPINES
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III updated the public regarding the measles outbreak in the country apart from Metro Manila the cases already reached Luzon and Visayas Region.
- CALABARZON - 575 cases with 9 deaths
- National Capital Region - 441 cases with 5 deaths
- Central Luzon - 192 cases with 4 deaths
- Region VI (Western Visayas) - 104 cases with 3 deaths
- Region VII (Central Visayas) - 71 cases with 1 death
The Department of Health (DOH) is strengthening the surveillance of the new cases while alerting mothers as well as caregivers to be more attentive. Aside from those areas mentioned earlier the DOH is also keeping an eye in other regions such as MIMAROPA, Region I (Ilocos Region), Region VIII (Eastern Visayas), Region X (Northern Mindanao) and Region XII (SOCCSKSARGEN).
The measles cases are as follows:
- MIMAROPA - 70 cases with no deaths
- Region I - 64 cases with 2 deaths
- Region VIII - 54 cases with 1 death
- Region X - 60 cases with no deaths
- Region XII - 43 cases with no deaths
Duque revealed that as of February 2 the total suspected measles cases have reached 861.
Video from Department of Health (DOH) Facebook Page