ILOILO CITY HALL IDENTIFIES FIRECRACKER SELLING ZONES
THE Iloilo City government designated three areas as the selling and buying sites of firecrackers and fireworks.
The designated firecracker zones are portions of the Circumferential Road in Arevalo and Jaro district, and Muelle Loney in City Proper.
The areas were identified in Executive Order No. 119 issued by Mayor Jose Espinosa III on Dec 17, 2018.
According to City Administrator Hernando Galvez, the Bureau of Fire (BFP) recommended the three sites.
Based on the executive order, buying and selling of legally authorized firecrackers and pyrotechnic devices shall be allowed in December, specifically at Circumferential Road 1 corner Jocson St., Arevalo; Circumferential Road 1-corner Iloilo East Coast-Capiz along Ondoy’s Sugbahan; and Muelle Loney Street along the riverside.
Aside from the designated firecracker zones, the EO also mandated that vending stalls must at least 1 meter apart from each other. The stalls’ dimension is 2 m by 4 m and a total floor area of 8 square meters.
The order also told vendors to comply with following requirements:
- the stall shall be provided with “No Testing”, “No Smoking” signage with a dimension of 3 feet by 3 feet bearing the telephone number of BFP.
- cooking is prohibited.
- all displayed firecrackers/fireworks shall be provided with plastic cover.
- only LED lights allowed to be used within the stall premises.
- electrical outlets are prohibited.
- provide at least one unit of fire extinguisher in every stall/kiosk.
At present, the designated fireworks display areas are in the car parks of two malls in Mandurriao areas and Arevalo plaza, according to Galvez.
Galvez also reiterated that buying and selling of firecrackers and fireworks are prohibited in public plazas.