BOHOL CRIME VOLUME DOWN BY 13% IN SEPT
TAGBILARAN CITY -- The crime volume in Bohol went down by 13 percent in September compared to a month ago, police provincial director Senior Supt. Angeles Geñorga said on Thursday.
Geñorga presented the data during the joint meeting of the Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) and Provincial Anti-Drug Abuse Council (PADAC) at the People's Mansion here.
The crime volume went down from 324 cases in August to 287 in September, Geñorga said, adding that the number of cases does not include traffic-related incidents (TRI).
Tagbilaran, however, remains to be the top place where most traffic-related incidents happened.
From January to September 2018, 477 cases of TRI were recorded in Tagbilaran, said Geñorga. Panglao town comes in second with 183 cases, followed by Loon with 75 cases, Sagbayan with 73, and Ubay rounding up the top five with 70 cases.
Geñorga also reported during the joint meeting that PHP14,134,176 worth of illegal drugs was seized by the Bohol police from January to September.
The total volume of suspected methamphetamine hydrochloride, or “shabu,” confiscated by the provincial police is about 1,198 grams, Geñorga said.
Last week, the Bohol police seized nearly a kilogram of shabu with a street value of at least PHP11 million in a raid in Barangay Mansasa, Tagbilaran City.
When asked about their demand reduction efforts, Geñorga said law enforcers are winning the war against drug traders despite the fact that there's an existing lucrative market for drugs in Bohol.
He cited the Bohol police’s seizure of a total of 1.87 kilos of shabu in simultaneous operations conducted in 38 towns last week as proof of their winning the battle against drugs. (PNA)
Screenshot from Google Maps