• 06/25/2019
  • 04:10 PM
League Online News
Image

KENNON ROAD TO REMAIN CLOSED THIS WEEKEND



MANILA -- The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) on Saturday said that Kennon Road remains closed this weekend.

In an advisory, the Department noted that motorists are not allowed entry on the major thoroughfare due to the occurrence of rock fall/slide caused by heavy rainfall affecting Tuba and Baguio City in Benguet.

With this, the DPWH advised travelers or those who are headed to the mountain city to take alternate routes.

“Motorists going to and from Baguio City are advised to take Marcos Highway or Asin-Nangalisan-San Pascual – Rizal-Anduyan Road,” it said.

At the same time, the DPWH reminded residents living along the road line are advised to take extra precautionary measures when traversing the area.

It added that members of the Task Force Kennon Road, including the personnel of DPWH-CAR (Cordillera Administrative Region) are closely monitoring the road situation 24/7.

The group is also ready to respond to any incidents that may occur.

Kennon Road is one of the three routes to the country's summer capital.

It has been closed for rehabilitation work following damage due to the onslaught of Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut) in September last year.

The road was re-opened for the graduation day of the Philippine Military Academy two weeks ago. (PNA)

Get the latest local government news daily from the most trusted sources. Be on the loop with current events happening in Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Metro Manila.