• 03/23/2019
  • 06:21 PM
League Online News
Image

PASAY COURT DEFERS TRILLANES ARRAIGNMENT FOR GRAVE THREAT



MANILA -- The Pasay City Metropolitan Trial Court (MTC) on Friday deferred Senator Antonio Trillanes IV's scheduled arraignment for charges of grave threat.

A hearing has instead been set for March 29 after the defense requested that the arraignment be rescheduled claiming unresolved pending matters.

The grave threat complaint had been filed by Labor Undersecretary Jacinto "Jing" V. Paras against Trillanes.

In the prosecutor's information, the incident involved Trillanes' alleged threats made on May 29, 2018, when he "threaten(ed) to kill the private complainant Jacinto Paras."

"Ang lakas ng loob mo. Hindi magtatagal ang amo mo. Matatapos din yan. Yayariin kita. Mersenaryo ka. Yayariin kita. Tatawa-tawa ka pa. May araw ka din. Yayariin kita (You have the guts. Your master won't last. It will all end. I will get back at you. You are a mercenary. I will get back at you. You even have the guts to laugh. You will have your day. I will get back at you)," Trillanes was quoted as saying in the complaint, which was signed by Assistant City Prosecutors Reynaldo C. Ticyado and Janette O. Herras-Baggay.

Bail is not necessary unless required by the court, the prosecutors recommended.

Defense counsel Rey Robles told reporters that the judge decided to defer the arraignment on the basis of their motion.

"The judge suspended the proceedings in view of the fact that Sen. Trillanes has a pending motion for reconsideration questioning the resolution recommending the filing of the case," he said. (PNA)

Photo from Philstar

Get the latest local government news daily from the most trusted sources. Be on the loop with current events happening in Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Metro Manila