• 04/25/2019
  • 08:03 PM
League Online News
Image

PROACTIVE DRIVE VS. DENGUE PUSHED IN CAPIZ



ROXAS CITY, Capiz – “Let’s be proactive in our fight against dengue,” said Cuartero Rural Health Officer Dr. Winfred Rivera.

 

In a PIA report, Rivera said prevention is always better than cure as he encouraged everyone to take action in the drive against the deadly dengue.

 

Rivera said Mayor Tito Mayo led the launching of their town’s Aksyon Barangay Kontra Dengue (ABKD), January 22, to signal the call to their 22 barangays for daily clean-up activities.

 

“During our launching event, all the barangays led by its respective barangay captains in our town conducted clean-up activities in their respective communities. They were joined by their barangay officials, barangay health workers (BHWs), parents and other stakeholders in their villages,” he said.

He revealed that last year, Cuartero had 31 recorded dengue cases and as of Jan. 22 this year, they have already two dengue cases.

 

Records from the Capiz Provincial Health Office (PHO) showed that there were 1,249 dengue cases recorded in Capiz in 2018, of which 1,210 cases are from Roxas City and 39 are from other provinces but the patients were confined in the hospitals in Capiz.

Of the total cases, seven Capiceños died of suspected dengue last year.

 

On the other hand, PHO Information Officer Ayr Altavas urged the public to take appropriate measures against dengue by practicing the 4S strategy to include Search and destroy the mosquito breeding places, Secure self-protection, Seek early consultation and Support fogging/spraying only in hotspot areas where increase in cases is registered for two consecutive weeks to prevent impending outbreak.

 

Altavas said that as of January 18 this year, there were already 72 dengue cases recorded in Capiz.

 

Get the latest local government news daily from the most trusted sources. Be on the loop with current events happening in Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Metro Manila