SUSPECT IN SLAY OF MOM, SONS IN BULACAN FOUND DEAD
CITY OF SAN JOSE DEL MONTE, Bulacan — One of the two suspects in last week’s killing of a mother and her two children in this city was found dead in the comfort room of the detention facility on Tuesday.
Lt. Col. Orlando Castil Jr., city police chief, said the suspect, Joselito Cortez, committed suicide by hanging himself by the neck.
“The detainees found the suspect hanging over the comfort room about 2 a.m.,” he said.
On April 3, victims Jaymee Casabuena, 28; and her sons Anton Gabriel, 8; and Joaquin Mateo, 4; residents of Block 32, Lot 57, Carissa Phase 2A, Barangay Kaypian, were found dead inside their home.
Cortez was nabbed in Barangay San Manuel while another suspect, Wilson Nosal, was arrested in Barangay 185, Malaria, Caloocan City.
Castil said the suspects claimed robbery was their motive.
“However, the victims resisted, thus, they stabbed them, leading to their death,” he said.
“Cortez may have taken his own life maybe because of guilt, that’s why he left a suicide note,” the police official said.
Castil said Cortez was the alleged killer of Anton Gabriel, who bore 21 stab wounds, and Joaquin Mateo, who had 15 stab wounds. (PNA)