• 04/25/2019
  • 08:05 PM
League Online News


COTABATO CITY–A public school teacher died of electrocution in Datu Montawal, Maguindanao on Wednesday morning.

Chief Insp. Edwin Tabora, town police chief, identified the victim as Aisa Bertigal, 34, of Barangay Bulit, Montawal.

Bertigal had just finished washing her family’s clothes and were hanging them across a metal tie-wire clothesline at the back of their house when she got electrocuted.

“The incident stemmed from a dangling live wire from a post of the Cotabato Electric Cooperative (Cotelco) Inc. near the victim’s house that touched the clothesline,” Tabora said on Thursday.

Relatives rushed the victim to the Cotabato Regional and Medical Center here but she expired while undergoing treatment.

Though part of Maguindanao, the town of Datu Montawal–formerly called Pagagawan–borders North Cotabato province and gets its electricity supply from Cotelco.

The Cotelco management has yet to issue a statement on the incident as of posting time. (PNA)

Get the latest local government news daily from the most trusted sources. Be on the loop with current events happening in Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Metro Manila